This lifestyle change is probably due to two main things:
- I have absolutely no free time and need to make things as easy as possible day to day. I rarely have more than an hour or two without something to do, so I need to streamline everything as much as possible.
- I'm living in the smallest space I've ever had. I moved into a new apartment at the beginning of September and my room is the smallest room I've ever had. It's made me very conscious of what I bring in and out and how the space is laid out.
Here's what I've been doing to simplify my life and a few tips on how you can do the same:
- Throw Out: Seriously, throw everything out that you don't use. I made two massive trash bags earlier this week of things I just didn't need and haven't looked back since.
- Donate: As for my clothes, accessories, and a few home pieces I wasn't using, I headed to Goodwill with several bags. Drop it off and walk out feeling much better.
- Light: My apartment has great natural lighting thanks to an abundance of windows, and my furniture being all white and my room generally having a softer environment is extremely relaxing and helps me breath easier.
- Meal Prep: This has been a major change for me. I absolutely love cooking but I really don't have time to cook dinner each day during the week, so on Mondays, I meal prep. I cook up lots of veggies, protein, and a carbohydrate option so I can mix and match throughout the week before heading to work or school each day.
- Walking: I've been taking a lot of late-night walks which help me clear my mind before jumping into bed without staring at a computer screen or phone before I sleep. This has really improved my sleeping each night.